Friday, November 22, 2013

Soup.. Soup soup ba doop.

Hey - I wanna soup, baby. Here I go, here I go, here I go again.

Sorry. So after a handful of requests for this recipe recently I thought I'd share. They all be like, "Don't know how you do the voodoo that you do so well, its a spell, hell, makes me want soup soup soup."  Ok so nobody is rapping Salt n Pepa to me, but boy if they were I'd certainly make them soup. This recipe is really simple and easy to make and seems to get rave reviews everywhere it goes.  Here ya go:

1 butternut squash
1 apple
1 onion
1 tbsp coconut oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp thyme
2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup coconut milk

Chop squash, apples, and onions into cubes and coat with oil and roast until.. Roasted... Usually 30-45 minutes at 450F or so.

Put roasted goodies and everything else in a blending device and let her rip!  I recently made it sans nutmeg and vegetable broth and subbed in more coconut milk and I have to say it maybe even made it better.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment