Thursday, June 26, 2014

Banana Cream Pie

GARBAGE BANANAS!

So I made this raw dessert mostly to use aging irish moss I had. It's used primarily as a solidifying agent as a substitute for fat products in raw foods. I don't recommend buying the stuff as its weird and smells like fish. So where I used 1 cup of irish moss, I would sub with 1 cup of cashews, blended to smithereens.

Crust:

1 c almonds
1 c cashews
1 c dates
1 T coconut oil

Banana Cream Filling:

3 garbage bananas
1 c coconut flakes
juice from 1 lemon
1 t vanilla
1 c irish moss

Not so creamy whipped cream topping:

1 c coconut flakes
1 c coconut milk
1/4 c coconut sugar
1/4 c coconut oil
1/4 c irish moss


Crust - food processor until you get the consistency of a Larabar.  About 3-5 minutes and it will start to clump together. Press into a pie pan and chill.  Filling things in a blender then pour into pie pan. Let chill between layers.  Let finished pie chill and set for about an hour.

1 comment:

  1. More recipes please!!! :) Have you ever used amaranth? I bought it recently, sort of by accident, and now I have to use it... it seems that everyone uses it for porridge. I did this for 3 days and am looking for other uses. Thanks friend! - Nena

    ReplyDelete