Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tzatziki Sauce

This fantastic concoction I would say rivals it's traditional yogurt based counterpart and is entirely simple to make.

In a blender or food processor, combine the following:
1 box silken tofu (the shelf stable variety - which is in itself fascinating)
1 lemon, juiced
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 small clove garlic
2 tsp dill (fresh or dried)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika

Blend until well mixed. At this point the sauce is already great, but if you want to take it up a notch, add a cucumber that has been peeled and finely chopped. I find it best to only use the meaty part of the cuke and not the watery seed part, but you can't really mess this up. Enjoy. I think it's really ideal for dipping dolmas in, which I may at some point post a recipe for - I'm still in the testing phases, but my grape vines are kind of running low on leaves at this point.

1 comment:

  1. yes! thank you. I will be making this soon :)
    Already made cashew/arugula pesto!!

    ReplyDelete